Tuesday, March 7, 2017

CAS on Sunday Challenge #103

Today I stumbled upon another challenge blog called CAS on Sunday, so I figured I'd give it a whirl. 
The theme is "umbrella" and my first thought was uh-oh! Do I even have an umbrella stamp? After digging through my entire stamp collection (which took a very long time), I managed to come up with 3 umbrella images. They weren't exactly what I had in mind, but you gotta work with what you got! I'm pretty sure I stamped those umbrella images every which way possible and with every colour under the sun and I couldn't pull off anything I was remotely happy with. I think my problem was I was trying out different techniques and expecting something fabulous to come of the first try...yeah, right 😑 So after making a mess, I went back to tried and true which lately for me seems to be one layer cards. 


A simple white card base with a little paper piecing, stamped sentiments and a hand doodled border. It doesn't get much simpler than that!


Thanks for stopping by and hope you have a great creative day!
Julie

Cheer Up Card
Cardstock: white printer paper (ran out of the good stuff)
Ink: Memento (tuxedo black)
Stamps: Paper Smooches (sentiment sampler, sunny side up)
Markers: Zig (black)
Other: paper scraps




2 comments:

  1. This is so cute! I love that fun umbrella and cloud above it. Great design!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this card...just perfect! Thanks for sharing at CAS on Sunday!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...